“Pharmacy is the branch of health sciences that deals with the preparation and dispensing of drugs. Its aim is to ensure the safe and effective use of pharmaceutical drugs”.
Pharmacists are the experts and health professionals who have done their studies in medicines. They can use their knowledge of medicines for the benefit of patients.
The pharmacy field can primarily be divided into three disciplines:
- Medicinal Chemistry & Pharmacognosy
- Pharmacy Practice
As per World Health Organization (WHO), there are approximately 2.6 million pharmacists and other pharmaceutical personnel all over the world.
Courses & Duration
After 10+2, what are the available courses after 12th in pharmacy field?
Pharmacy is one of the popular field among the students. Education in pharmacy varies from one country to another. In India, the academic courses in the field of pharmacy starts from diploma level to doctoral level.’
- Diploma in Pharmacy (D.Pharm) – 2 years
- Bachelor of Pharmacy (B.Pharm) – 4 years
- Bachelor of Pharmacy (B.Pharm) Lateral Entry – 3 years
- Pharm (Hons.) – 4 years
- Bachelor of Pharmacy (Ayurveda) – 4 years
- Master of Pharmacy (M.Pharm) – 2 years
- Pharm.D (Post Baccalaureate) – 3 years
- Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D) – 6 years
- Ph.D in Pharmaceutical Sciences – 3 years